The Streamlight RM2 Long Gun Lighting System is a high-performance tactical flashlight designed for long firearms. With a beam distance of up to 200 meters and a maximum candela of 10,000, this compact rail-mounted flashlight provides superior illumination for a variety of applications. Powered by two CR123A lithium batteries, the RM2 can deliver up to 1.5 hours of runtime at its highest setting.
Streamlight is a well-known brand in the tactical lighting community, with a reputation for producing high-quality and reliable products. The RM2 is no exception, featuring durable construction and a user-friendly design. Its compact size and lightweight make it an ideal choice for law enforcement, military, and civilian users alike.
Streamlight RM2 Overview
The Streamlight RM2 is a low-profile, rail-mounted tactical lighting system designed for long guns. It is a versatile and reliable tool that provides a powerful and consistent source of light in any situation.
With a maximum output of 1,000 lumens, the Streamlight RM2 is one of the brightest lights on the market. It has a long-range beam of up to 200 meters, making it ideal for use in low-light environments. The light is powered by two CR123A lithium batteries, which provide a runtime of up to 1.5 hours on high and 3 hours on strobe.
The Streamlight RM2 is compact and lightweight, weighing only 4.55 ounces and measuring 4.55 inches in length. This makes it easy to carry and maneuver, even in tight spaces. The light is constructed from durable materials and is designed to withstand harsh conditions.
One of the standout features of the Streamlight RM2 is its dual activation system. It features both push-button and remote pressure switches, which can be operated independently of each other. This provides the user with added flexibility and control over the light.
Overall, the Streamlight RM2 is an excellent choice for anyone in need of a high-quality, tactical lighting system. It is powerful, reliable, and easy to use, making it a must-have for any serious shooter or law enforcement professional.
Design and Specifications
The Streamlight TLR RM2 Long Gun Lighting System is a high-quality, durable lighting system designed for use on long guns. It features a low-profile design that won’t interfere with your aim and is made from high-quality polymer material that is both lightweight and durable. The TLR RM2 comes in black color.
Size and Weight
The TLR RM2 measures 4.55 inches (11.56 centimeters) in length and weighs 4.55 ounces (128.99 grams) with the two CR123A lithium batteries installed. This makes it a lightweight and compact option for those who want to add a lighting system to their long gun without adding too much weight or bulk.
Material and Color
The TLR RM2 is made from high-quality polymer material that is both lightweight and durable. It comes in black color, which is a popular choice for tactical equipment.
The TLR RM2 has a maximum output of 1,000 lumens and a beam distance of 200 meters. It has a maximum candela of 10,000 and runs for 1.5 hours on high mode. The lighting system uses two CR123A lithium batteries to power the light.
Overall, the Streamlight TLR RM2 Long Gun Lighting System is a high-quality, durable, and reliable lighting system that is perfect for use on long guns. Its low-profile design, lightweight construction, and powerful output make it an ideal choice for those who want to add a lighting system to their long gun without adding too much weight or bulk.
Mounting and Usage
When it comes to mounting and using the Streamlight RM2, there are a few things to keep in mind. The RM2 is designed to be mounted on long guns, and it comes packaged as a kit with everything you need to mount it. In this section, we’ll cover pressure switch usage and mounting on long guns.
Pressure Switch Usage
The Streamlight RM2 features both a push-button switch and a remote pressure switch. The remote pressure switch can be attached to your long gun with retaining clips, and it has a “Safe off” feature that prevents accidental activation. To use the remote pressure switch, simply press and hold the button to activate the light. Release the button to turn it off.
The push-button switch is located on the back of the light and can be used as a backup or primary switch. To activate the light using the push-button switch, simply press and release the button. To turn it off, press and release the button again.
Mounting on Long Guns
Mounting the Streamlight RM2 on your long gun is straightforward. The kit comes with everything you need to mount it, including a low profile mount, remote pressure switch, and retaining clips. To mount the light, follow these steps:
- Attach the low profile mount to your long gun using the provided screws.
- Attach the Streamlight RM2 to the low profile mount using the provided screws.
- Attach the remote pressure switch to your long gun using the provided retaining clips.
- Connect the remote pressure switch to the Streamlight RM2.
Once the Streamlight RM2 is mounted on your long gun, you’re ready to use it. The low profile mount keeps the light close to your gun, minimizing the chances of snagging on anything. The remote pressure switch allows you to activate the light without taking your hand off the gun, and the push-button switch provides a backup option.
Overall, the Streamlight RM2 is a versatile and reliable long gun lighting system. With its easy-to-use pressure switch and simple mounting process, it’s a great choice for anyone looking to improve their long gun setup.
Streamlight Vs Surefire
When it comes to weapon-mounted flashlights, two of the most popular brands on the market are Streamlight and Surefire. Both companies offer a wide range of products, but how do they compare when it comes to quality, performance, and price?
One of the biggest differences between Streamlight and Surefire is their price point. While Surefire lights tend to be more expensive, they are also known for their durability and reliability. Streamlight, on the other hand, offers more affordable options that still provide plenty of features and functionality.
In terms of performance, both Streamlight and Surefire lights are capable of producing bright, focused beams of light that are ideal for tactical situations. However, some users have reported that Surefire lights tend to be more consistent in terms of output and battery life.
When it comes to design, both Streamlight and Surefire offer sleek, low-profile options that are easy to mount on a variety of firearms. However, some users prefer the ergonomics of one brand over the other, so it’s important to try out different options before making a decision.
Overall, both Streamlight and Surefire offer high-quality weapon-mounted flashlights that are well-suited for a variety of applications. The choice between the two ultimately comes down to personal preference and budget.
When it comes to the Streamlight RM2, it is important to understand the battery information to ensure optimal performance. The RM2 uses two CR123A lithium batteries, which are known for their long-lasting power and reliability. Here are some do’s and don’ts to keep in mind when handling your batteries:
- Read the instructions on your device before installing batteries
- Make sure to insert the batteries properly, following the symbols showing you the correct way to position the positive (+) and negative (-) ends of the batteries
- Use high-quality CR123A lithium batteries for the best performance
- Store batteries in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight
- Mix old and new batteries or different types of batteries
- Attempt to recharge non-rechargeable batteries
- Dispose of batteries in a fire, as they can explode or leak toxic chemicals
It is important to note that the RM2’s battery life can vary depending on usage, temperature, and other factors. However, with the use of high-quality CR123A lithium batteries and proper handling techniques, you can ensure reliable and long-lasting performance from your Streamlight RM2.
Application in Home Defense
The Streamlight TLR RM2 is a great choice for home defense shotguns. It is a versatile and reliable lighting system that can provide a tactical advantage in low-light situations. Here are some of the reasons why the TLR RM2 is a great choice for home defense:
- Easy to use: The TLR RM2 is designed to be easy to use, even in high-stress situations. It features a large, easy-to-find switch that can be operated with one hand. The switch is also designed to be silent, so you can turn the light on and off without alerting an intruder to your presence.
- Bright and powerful: The TLR RM2 is a powerful lighting system that can provide up to 1,000 lumens of brightness. It also has a beam distance of up to 200 meters and a max candela of 10,000, making it an ideal choice for illuminating large areas or identifying targets at a distance.
- Durable and reliable: The TLR RM2 is built to last, with a rugged construction that can withstand harsh conditions. It is also waterproof and impact-resistant, so you can rely on it to work when you need it most.
- Versatile: The TLR RM2 is designed to be used on long guns, but it can also be used on handguns with an accessory rail. This makes it a versatile lighting system that can be used for a variety of applications.
When it comes to home defense, having a reliable lighting system can be the difference between life and death. The TLR RM2 is a powerful and versatile lighting system that can provide a tactical advantage in low-light situations. If you’re looking for a lighting system for your home defense shotgun, the TLR RM2 is definitely worth considering.
User Experience and Community Feedback
The Streamlight TLR RM2 is a popular choice among gun owners, and its user experience and community feedback reflect that. Here are some insights gathered from different sources:
- Experience: Many users have reported that the TLR RM2 is easy to install and use. The light’s low profile design allows it to fit seamlessly on a variety of firearms, and its dual pressure switch system allows for easy activation of the light. The light’s 1000 lumens output is also praised by many users, as it provides ample illumination for most situations.
- Community Feedback: The TLR RM2 has received positive feedback from the gun community. Many users appreciate the light’s durability and reliability, as it can withstand recoil and harsh weather conditions. Additionally, the light’s reasonable price point compared to other tactical lights on the market has made it a popular choice among budget-conscious gun owners.
- Comparison to Other Lights: When compared to other tactical lights, the TLR RM2 holds its own. Users have reported that the light’s beam is bright and focused, and its low profile design makes it easy to use without getting in the way. The light’s battery life is also impressive, with a runtime of 1.5 hours on high mode.
- Criticisms: While the TLR RM2 has received mostly positive feedback, some users have reported issues with the light’s mounting system. Some users have reported that the light can become loose over time, which can affect its accuracy and reliability. However, these reports are relatively rare, and most users have reported no issues with the light’s mounting system.
Overall, the Streamlight TLR RM2 has received positive user experience and community feedback. Its low profile design, dual pressure switch system, and 1000 lumens output make it a popular choice among gun owners. While there have been some criticisms of the light’s mounting system, these reports are relatively rare, and most users have reported no issues with the light’s accuracy and reliability.
The Streamlight TLR RM2 is a compact and powerful rail-mounted tactical lighting system designed for long guns. With a high output of 1000 lumens and a beam distance of 200 meters, it is an excellent choice for low-light shooting situations.
One of the standout features of the Streamlight TLR RM2 is its compatibility with a wide range of firearms. It comes with rail locating keys for easy attachment to Picatinny or Glock-style rails, making it a versatile choice for any shooter. Additionally, the TLR RM2 is built with durable materials and is impact-resistant, making it a reliable choice for tough conditions.
The TLR RM2 runs on two CR123A lithium batteries, which provide a run time of up to 1.5 hours. While this may not be the longest run time on the market, it is more than sufficient for most shooting situations. Plus, the batteries are easy to replace, so you can quickly get back to shooting.
Overall, the Streamlight TLR RM2 is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a reliable and powerful rail-mounted tactical lighting system for their long gun. With its compatibility with a wide range of firearms and durable construction, it is sure to provide years of reliable service.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between Streamlight RM1 and RM2?
Streamlight RM1 and RM2 are both rail-mounted tactical lighting systems. The main difference between the two is their lumen output. The Streamlight RM1 produces 500 lumens, while the RM2 produces 1000 lumens.
Where can I find Streamlight RM2 for sale?
Streamlight RM2 can be found for sale on Streamlight’s website, as well as on various online retailers such as Amazon and OpticsPlanet.
What is the price range for Streamlight RM2?
The price range for Streamlight RM2 varies depending on the retailer and any additional accessories included. Generally, the price range is between $200 to $300.
What are the features of Streamlight RM2?
Streamlight RM2 is a low profile, rail-mounted tactical lighting system that produces 1000 lumens. It features an independently operating push-button switch or remote pressure switch, a safe off feature to prevent accidental activation, and a 1.5-hour runtime. It also comes with rail locating keys for easy attachment to various weapons.
Are there any reviews for Streamlight RM2?
Yes, there are various reviews for Streamlight RM2 available online. Many users praise its brightness and ease of use, while some criticize its price.
Can Streamlight RM2 be mounted on MLOK rails?
Yes, Streamlight RM2 can be mounted on MLOK rails with the use of an MLOK adapter. However, it is important to ensure that the adapter is compatible with the specific MLOK rail being used.